The Teacher of the Year Award is a great way to recognize excellence through the selection of an outstanding teacher to represent all the excellent teachers in the system. Students who nominate should think of a teacher who has made a difference in their lives.
Nomination forms are available in the school offices and in the Superintendent’s office. Nominations may be submitted by Cromwell Board of Education staff, parents, students, and interested Cromwell residents. The nomination form should be completed with a short written narrative in support of the candidate. As you make your selections for Teacher of the Year nominees, please consider that the candidates for Teacher of the Year should be:
· A certified classroom teacher with at least three (3) years of service to the district.
· An exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable, and skilled teacher who is planning to continue in the active teaching status.
· A teacher who inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities.
· A teacher who has the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues.
· A teacher who plays an active and useful role in the community as well as in the school.
· A teacher who is poised, articulate and possesses the energy to withstand a taxing schedule.
Nominations should be placed in the envelope marked “TEACHER OF THE YEAR” located in each office. Any Teacher in the Cromwell Public School System is eligible for nomination. The nomination form can be found on the back side.
Deadline for nominations is March 16, 2018.
Nomination forms can be dropped off at all school offices or central office.
Teacher Being Nominated: _________________________
Why are you nominating this teacher? Please write a brief narrative explaining why you are nominating this person. Some sample starters are:
· This teacher is special because...
· This teacher excels at …
· An example of the individual’s exemplary performance in class is…
· Examples of this teacher going “above and beyond” are…
· This teacher builds a relationship between home and school by …
· Examples of this teacher’s positive professional relationships are…
· An example of this teacher’s positive interactions with students is…
You are welcome to attach additional pages if necessary.
Three signatures supporting this nomination is necessary. A new nomination form needs to be completed if there are over three signatures.