Cromwell High School Transition Program
The transition program at Cromwell High School provides students the opportunity to explore a variety of careers and employment prospects in the community. This program helps students identify strengths, interests and skills necessary to transition from school to work, postsecondary education and/or training.
The components of the transition program include the following:
- Career Assessments – students complete a variety of interest inventories to help them determine their career interest.
- Learning Style Inventory – students complete a learning style inventory so they have a better understanding of their personal learning strength.
- Career Exploration – students learn about careers by shadowing at professional area businesses, using Occupational Outlook Handbook to research different aspects of a career, such as growth of the industry, education, salary etc.
- Work Experiences – some students may participate in a work experience at a community business or one within the school, during the semester the internship helps students develop career awareness and gives the students an opportunity to gain skills needed in the work environment.
- College Tours – students have the opportunity to visit local colleges, technical schools and training centers to help them identify appropriate postsecondary goals.
- Guest Speakers- speakers come to Cromwell High School to help students understand the various aspects of a specific career and the education that is required.
- Portfolios – students develop a portfolio of transition related activities. Some of the items included in the portfolio are career assessments, job shadows, transcripts, and resumes.
- Career Fair – all sophomores have an opportunity to speak with and ask questions of community members in various careers, and learn about career paths of successful partners.
- Life-Skills – students learn life skills for independent living, such as shopping, cooking, personal care, laundry, and money management.
- Travel Training – students learn safety rules on the road and bus, how to identify their bus, how to deposit the fare, to identify bus stop etc.
Please direct questions regarding the Cromwell High School Transition Program to:
Mary Tobias Transition Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org